How to complete the enquiry form on this page
Ordering a Cornish Slate house sign
BLIND FIXINGS explained
Always read the small print on a website.
Marking holes to mount your ouse sign
House and Business Signs.
Please read this carefully (or watch the short video) to help you make the right choices for your bespoke house sign.
You can add a MarxMan Pen to your order. Make marking holes to mount your sign EasyAs. Just watch the short video.
Fill in the form on the LEFT when you know what you need / want. We normally drill holes but you can order BLIND FIXINGS (link to video) as an option or watch the same video below.
call Pat 07854 953088 to discuss your bespoke sign requirements. The workshop does get noisy so do leave a message for The Slate Guru if you get the answer machine. Pat does check his phone regularly and will call you back...
email us direct on firstname.lastname@example.org NOW .
Standard sizes of sign are available to order in our shop TODAY
There are a number of options for you - type of slate, finish, font, size, design, blind fix (no visible screw holes), polished edges:
1) Riven Cornish slate. Riven slate is approx 5mm thick and is hand cut, with rough edges. ( 11 Warnford Gardens )
2) Block slate is 20-25 mm thick and has a greyish egg-shell type finish. This slate can be polished if required. ( Westmead )
3) Suggest a font. We use Times, Artifiker, Gill Sans and Calibri but have many others.
4) Size - we will make any size sign to your specification - our base line is set on a 2 inch font height - the sign can be scaled up or down from there.
5) Polished face and edges - optional extras - we spend more time finishing the face and remove as many markings as possible from the edges.
6) Lettering can be painted or left a natural finish. Painting each sign takes one week as we apply a base coat and the 4-5 top coats of professional sign writers paint.
We will make signs to any size with as much lettering as you require and we can even incorporate designs to further personalise your sign. CONTACT US for bespoke signs.
Please note. Our lettering is NOT laser etched. Letters are all engraved and painted with a top quality sign writers paint when requested.
TALK TO US. You can discuss with the maker of the signs. We will then make exactly what you want. It's the STEVENS™ way.
No other Company we know of GUARANTEES your sign will be made from Cornish Delabole slate.
Share on Facebook
CLICK ON AN IMAGE BELOW TO START THE PHOTO GALLERY)
We specialise in making bespoke items like
Designer Clocks Branded items and Bespoke Tableware
Contact us via email or Telephone to discuss your requirements. We love being creative. We like working with creators.
Get in Touch